By Frederick Courteney Selous
- associated desk of Contents
- Illustrated with thirteen photographs and photos
With a Foreword by means of President Theodore Roosevelt
"Mr. Selous is the final of the big-game hunters of South Africa; the final of the strong hunters whose reviews lay within the maximum looking floor which this global has visible on account that civilized guy has seemed therein."
"His booklet is a real contribution to looking lore and to normal historical past. it's going to be welcomed via each lover of the chase and by means of each guy who cares for the wild, loose lifetime of the desert. it's going to be no much less welcome to all who're drawn to the main ambitious and engaging of the beasts that live in our global today."
--- Theodore Roosevelt
DAILY TELEGRAPH.—"This intensely fascinating quantity is not just as intriguing as any ebook of experience, yet packed from disguise to hide with worthy proof and theories that no different dwelling guy might speak with equivalent authority."
EVENING STANDARD.—"It is most unlikely to provide greater than a really moderate concept of the wealth of curiosity there's during this quantity for hunters and naturalists alike. From hide to hide it really is choked with considerate remark and picture description."
COUNTRY LIFE.—"There isn't really a web page during this well-written and deeply-informed ebook which can't be studied with excitement and revenue by means of the common reader. To the guy who is aware Africa the amount is awfully fascinating from conceal to hide. it really is destined, we've got little question, to be numbered one of the classics of African literature."
- bankruptcy I: Notes at the Questions Of protecting colour, reputation Marks, And The effect Of atmosphere On dwelling Organisms
- bankruptcy II: additional Notes at the Questions Of protecting shade, attractiveness Marks, And The impression Of atmosphere On residing Organisms
- bankruptcy III, IV & V: Notes at the Lion
- bankruptcy VI: Notes at the noticed Hyena
- bankruptcy VII: Notes On Wild canine And Cheetahs
- bankruptcy VIII: Extinction And Diminution Of video game In South Africa — Notes at the Cape Buffalo
- bankruptcy IX: Notes at the Tse-Tse Fly
- bankruptcy X: Notes at the Black Or Prehensile-Lipped Rhinoceros
- bankruptcy XI: Notes at the Giraffe
- bankruptcy XII & XIII: A trip To Amatongaland looking for Inyala
- bankruptcy XIV: Notes at the Gemsbuck
- bankruptcy XV: a few Curious searching Experiences
- bankruptcy XVI: extra Curious searching Experiences
- bankruptcy XVII: Incidents Of A trip throughout the Northern Kalahari
- bankruptcy XVIII: The final Of South Africa's video game Haunts
- bankruptcy XIX: How I Spent Christmas Day 1879
- bankruptcy XX: Notes at the Masarwa: The Bushmen Of the internal Of South Africa
Read or Download African Nature Notes and Reminiscences (Illustrated) PDF
Similar adventurer & explorer biographies books
Frank Xavier retreated to the East Coast to rehabilitate himself and an previous Cape abode. He stumbled on a paralyzed chestnut stallion who were swept off Sable Island and beached on a mysterious island. Frank meets Kate Sutherland, a healer, who launches a plan to resuscitate the pony with an elixir made up of a protracted misplaced treasure, however the elixir has a wierd after impact.
This can be the tale of the fifty-year experience of 1 man's capturing and wasteland schooling and the way it advanced into what it really is this present day. It all started in 1958 at the south shore of ny, complicated via Upstate big apple, North Carolina, Georgia, Alaska, California, Africa, New Zealand, and, at present, again to California.
In 1936, Quentin younger, a 22-year-old chinese language American, led American socialite Ruth Harkness on a 1,500-mile excursion into the distant mountains of Sichuan. Braving warlords and primitive tribes, the duo captured an enormous panda and taken it again alive, the 1st time a dwell panda have been visible by means of the Western international.
Ich wusste zwar, dass es einen Eiger gab, doch eine Nordwand kannte ich nicht, schreibt Carina Harrer, deren Mann Heinrich immerhin der Erstbesteiger dieser Nordwand struggle. Carina kam aus einer bürgerlichen, musisch geprägten Welt, Heinrich Harrer warfare Naturmensch und Wissenschaftler. Dieses interessante Spannungsverhältnis ermöglichte eine glückliche Ehe.
Additional resources for African Nature Notes and Reminiscences (Illustrated)
African Nature Notes and Reminiscences (Illustrated) by Frederick Courteney Selous